This is the first of many units focusing on every TEK we cover during the school year.
- Academic Vocabulary piece.
- 2 weeks of either homework, bell work, warmups, exit tickets.
- Show me your work page
- A Data collection for you and the students
- 12 question check for understanding page
- Focus on rounding, representing, comparing, and ordering decimals.
- 3 math stations. One for each TEK covered in this unit.
- Answer keys for everything
- Covers 5.2A 5.2B 5.2C
MATH.5.2A Represent the value of the digit in decimals through the thousandths using expanded notation and numerals.
MATH.5.2B Compare and order two decimals to thousandths and represent comparisons using the symbols >, <, or =.
MATH.5.2C Round decimals to tenths or hundredths.
How is it set up?
See preview for a complete look at everything that is included in this unit.
First you will see the academic vocabulary piece. It has every word that they will see when dealing with these TEKS. It has two separate ways students can take notes. It also contains a check for understanding test with answer documents and answer key.
The second portion is two weeks of either homework or warm ups. Every question is aligned to a specific TEK. They are labeled on the homework and test. This way you can quickly see where the student is struggling or succeeding. Great way to set up small groups.
The first week of homework is set up to make sure students understand the concept. The second week of homework progresses and becomes more difficult. I apply the process to real world problems.
Third item is a check for understanding test you can use to see how your students are doing. It is a 12 question test!
The fourth part of this unit are the math stations. I have one math station for each TEK.
Does this help my students for the end of the year?
Yes it does. Here is the breakdown of TEKS and how they show up on STAAR testing.
- 5.2A has been represented on every STAAR test since 2015 through 2018. The only exception was 2017.
- 5.2B has been represented on every STAAR test since 2015 through 2018. It is one of the most used readiness standards on the test.
- 5.2C has been used on every STAAR test since 2015 with the only exception being 2018.
What are the other units?
Whole number decimal addition and subtraction
Subtract Fractions with unlike denominators
Add and subtract positive rational numbers
Simplify Expressions Involving Addition and Subtraction of Positive Rational Numbers
Estimate and Solve Problems Involving Multiplication and Division of Whole Numbers
Those will be the first six units I put together. As they are completed I will add links to them or you can visit my store.